Sunday, November 13, 2005

131105

verse read: Proverbs 10:13
prayer: 1 hour

Deviated from my usual reading this morning to spend an extended time in prayer. Today is a significant day, in more than one way. On this day 5 years ago I had my back operation; yet it feels like it was only yesterday. But that was an immense test of faith for me.

Today brings about a new challenge. God wants us to obey more than anything. And obedience sometimes, or most of the time, means that we will have to do that we do not want to do. And so today, I obeyed. Struggled to obey would be a better phrase.

The whole of yesterday was very difficult to pass; was assailed by a voice telling me to do something else. But I realised that God would not ask me to make such a prayer. So I didn't, and God truly spoke during WIN.

Went to sleep praying, prayed till I fell asleep and spent the first hour of today praying already. I made a prayer that I would not want to make. But I already have. And so, I know the Lord will fulfil His purpose for me. I really don't know what lies ahead. The road isn't clearer. But till the day I collect my degree scroll; at least that path has been set. Suddenly, the following proverb makes a lot of sense.

Wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning, but a rod is for the back of him who lacks judgement - Proverbs 10:13